Filter by Tags

Pre and post increment operators

Votes

0 0

What is the difference between pre and post increment operators. Explain with an example.

Open E-School
Posted on : Wed, Jun 14, 2017
Views : 140
Comments

Ask Question

If you want to ask question you must LogIn or SignUp
Login SignUp

Answers (2)

Pre-Increament Operator- These operators are uniary operators and hence work on a single variable. The operator is placed before the operand and it is increamented first and then it is used.

Post-Increament Operator- These operator is plcaed after the operand and in this case the operand is used first and then is increamented.

e.g.

int a=10,b=25;

cout<<++a<<endl;

cout<<b++<<endl;

cout<<a<<endl<<b;

Output

Apurva Thakker
Wed, Jun 14, 2017
Comments

Edit Answer

Submit

"++" is an increment operator. Lets say "i" is a variable. Now if ++ is used before the variable(++i) then its a pre increment operator and if it(++) is used after the variable(i++) then its a post increment operator.

Now the difference betwwen Pre and Post Increment operator is explain below with an example:

Example: Take Three variables

int a=5, b=5, c;

c = a + ++b; // statment 1

c = a + b++ // statment 2

Output of above aditions in c will be like : 11 and 10

Now in statment 1 pre increment operator increment the value of b then it add it to value of a so its adds like this: 5 + 6;

but in statment 2 first addition happend and the post increment operator increment the value of b so the addtion happen like this : 5 + 5. then b's value is incremented to 6.

Sahil Gaba
Wed, Jun 14, 2017
Comments

Edit Answer

Submit
This answer will permanently deleted. Do you really want to delete this Answer ?
To Add your Answer Please
LogIn | SignUp

Quick Links

E-Magazines

@

Total Followers
Study Group Created
Study Group Joined
Following Teacher
Following Organization
Blog Articles Added
Questions Asked